About the Role
As a Vehicle Control Systems Engineer in the Motorcycle Team, Revolve Mototek, you will be responsible for leading the design, integration, and validation of Motorcycle control systems and components from concept to production to meet the needs of multiple vehicle platforms and derivatives, as well as working with product management and customers to shape our products.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Focuses on control strategies and integration of electronic controllers and components to Motorcycle-
specific platforms for systems such as Vehicle Control Modules, Electronic stability control, ABS Control,
Powertrain Controllers, Infotainment, Wireless Control Modules, and other subsystems or components.
- Responsible for translating business and digital design requirements into vehicle-level control system
requirements and documentation that accurately reflect the needs and wants of the business.
- Develops new system simulation frameworks, expanding tool capabilities and automating toolsets.
- Good knowledge in Simulation of vehicle dynamics – handling and ride, 3D simulations to prove the
concepts/initial calculations, Static and Dynamic vehicle dynamic calculations and Multi body dynamics.
- Participate or leads design reviews and responsible for ensuring the control system design meets
electrical system requirements
- Interfaces, and guides cross-functional teams as needed to assist with component/module development,
ensuring overall technical execution is meeting program expectations
- As applicable, ensure system design practices incorporate process improvements to align with Functional
Safety goals/standards (May include leading/participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments
(HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
- Support test team to develop, document, & execute system & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures
and resolution of issues found
- Performs root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of vehicle controls systems when issues arise.
- Estimate timelines and provide risk assessments for planning and tracking work. Other duties as required
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical, Software, Controls, Automotive Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years work experience in an engineering or vehicle control systems position.
Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communications required
Experience in MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow required. Experience in Mathworks Systems Composer preferred
Experience with complex vehicle architectures of integrated controllers
Experience with vehicle communication networks required; CAN, CAN 2.0 & J1939 etc.,.
Hands on experience using electrical/software test and analysis equipment.
Excellent communication skills.
Positive attitude and excellent problem solving skills.